What kind of SIM card do I need for a GPS tracker? With GPS navigation systems, GPS location info is displayed on the same device on it was recorded. In other words, no need for a SIM card. Satellite trackers such as Spot use GPS to determine location, but then send that data over the Globalstar satellite network rather than cellular networks.
Can you put a tracker on a SIM card? Is it possible to track by SIM card? Yes, it’s possible. Special software can follow the phone or another device with SIM by network towers or Wi-Fi hotspots. A SIM card is a special memory chip used to place calls, text and surf the Internet.
How does a GSM tracker work? Both GPS tracking and GSM tracking are accomplished by a receiver collecting data from at least 4 satellites in order to determine precise position. GPS GSM tracker devices accomplish this task by referencing information from the cellular tower that is closest to the GSM / GPS tracking device.
How do you put a GPS tracker on a SIM card?
- Buy SIM card with internet plan.
- Remove SIM card’s PIN code. Click here to see how to do it on: iOS, Android, Windows Mobile.
- Insert SIM card in to the GPS Tracker.
- Configure your GPS Tracker to send data to GPSWOX.COM servers.
- Your GPS Tracker is ready to send data !