What happens if a dog eats pistachios? Pistachios aren’t inherently toxic to dogs, but nuts aren’t a recommended treat for our furry friends. They’re high in fat and can contain a mold that puts your dog at risk for liver damage. Nuts can also give your dog an upset stomach or cause an intestinal obstruction leading to more serious digestive issues.
How many pistachios can a dog eat? But as an occasional snack in moderation, feel comfortable doing so. The best option is to choose an unsalted version, or just make sure to only offer 2-3 every so often.
What nuts are poisonous to dogs?
- Macadamia nuts – Very toxic to dogs.
- Black walnuts – Very toxic to dogs.
- Old and moldy walnuts – Very toxic to dogs and cats.
- Raw Cashews – Should be avoided for dogs and toxic for cats.
- Pistachios – Should be avoided for dogs and cats.
Can dogs eat popcorn? So is it safe for dogs to eat popcorn? Yes and no. Plain, air-popped popcorn is safe for dogs to eat in small quantities. Buttered popcorn or popcorn with other toppings is not safe for your dog on a regular basis, although eating a few dropped pieces here and there probably won’t hurt him.