What are the best no-kill animal shelters?
- Multnomah County Animal Services – Oregon.
- Members of the Metro Denver Shelter Alliance – Colorado.
- Richmond SPCA – Virginia.
- Tompkins Country SPCA – New York.
- Nevada Humane Society – Nevada.
- Dane County Humane Society – Wisconsin.
- Arizona Animal Welfare League – Arizona.
- Best Friends Animal Society – Utah.
Are all LA County shelters no-kill? Since 2011, Los Angeles City animal shelters have been making great strides toward achieving no-kill. A live save rate of 90 percent of every dog and cat entering the city shelter system is the nationally recognized benchmark for no-kill status.
Are there kill shelters in LA? (CNN) Los Angeles has officially become a no-kill shelter city, making it the largest city in the country to do so, according to Best Friends Animal Society, the organization that gives the ratings. LA’s save rate is now up to 90.4%, which is over the 90% rate needed to claim no-kill status, according to Best Friends.
Are all California animal shelters no-kill? More than 500,000 dogs and cats are brought into California shelters each year and more than half are euthanized. Only 15 percent of dogs and two percent of the cats in shelters without identification are ever reunited with their families.