How much does it cost to adopt a dog in NY? Typically, adopting a dog in New York City costs between $150 and $250.
How do I surrender my dog in NY? Visit the Animal Care Centers of NYC website. Animal Care Centers of NYC will accept pets, including dogs, cats, rabbits, and other animals kept as pets, at Care Centers for a fee. They will not pick up unwanted pets from the homes of pet owners.
Where can I give my dog away NYC?
- Animal Haven (dogs & cats) Phone: (212) 274-8511.
- ASPCA (dogs & cats) Phone: (212) 876-7700, x5.
- Bideawee (dogs & cats)
- The Humane Society of New York (dogs & cats)
- Posh Pets Rescue (dogs & cats)
- Sean Casey Animal Rescue (dogs & cats)
- Muddy Paws (dogs only)
- Brooklyn Bridge Animal Welfare Coalition (cats only)
Can you adopt animals from SPCA? To adopt a pet from the SPCA, you must be over the age of 18, your property must be fully enclosed, you must be able to afford the services of a private vet and you must have your own transport to take your pet to the vet.